Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

how can i keep from singing?

I have been overwhelmingly reminded of His love in recent days.

I went on two very different retreats over the weekend-
one with the staff I work with,
the other with lively 7th and 8th grade students.
Both of these retreats were beautiful reminders.
THIS is my calling- to glorify Him.
whether that is making copies for Amy,
filing PO's or mailing postcards...
whether I am laughing with friends,
crying over hurts or praying fervently...
whether I am teaching 7th grade girls,
worshiping or sitting in silence-
this is where I belong.

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
--Chris Tomlin

3 comments:

~The Neaves Nest~ said...

LOVE Chris Tomlin!!Awesome post!

Fawn said...

I love you! Can't wait to see you next week. You make my heart sing, sing, sing!

The Pettijohn's said...

I second, Lauren...wonderful post.