Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

a walk in the park

Could you believe the gorgeous weather today? Jamie and I took full advantage of it by taking John Mark to Hafer Park to play. It is so nice that they are old enough and big enough to actually play on the toys. They had a great time climbing, sliding and running. We had a great time taking a million and one pictures of them. But I have to say, we got some great shots. Of course, it helps that we have ridiculously cute kids to take pictures of.

After playing in the park, we ate some lunch and then took naps. Well, John Mark and Caroline took naps. Jamie and I had fun playing with the hundreds of pictures we had of the kiddos. Then Jamie made famous sweet & sour chicken for all of us. I know that's not exciting information, but I am trying to take up room so I can put my favorite pictures on here.

I have recently started making John Mark sit on the bottom step of our stairs when he is throwing a fit. (I know, you are all shocked that such a precious little boy would EVER do anything like throw a fit, but trust me, it happens) When he starts to get upset with me about whatever I have done wrong (usually not getting him is juice or snacks fast enough) I will tell him to go sit on his step. He walks over looking all sad and forlorn, and then sits there on the step screaming until he is done. I have to sit in the kitchen holding in my laughter because it is just too cute. Eventually he gets tired of it and walks over to me, holding his arms up saying "up, up" until I pick him up. It seems to be working though, because he is throwing fewer fits everyday.

And this picture, well, it's for their wedding slide show one of these days! :o)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Aww! Those are great pictures! I love the last one...for the wedding slideshow! LOL

Can't wait to see you girls tomorrow!

mrs. darling said...

Dude, update your blog! I KNOW you have things going on that people would be interested in hearing about.

Meanwhile, while I was coming to your blog an ad called Shopzilla popped up...coincidence? I think not. And that's Joincidence with a C.